Under a self-managed care service, caregivers are directly under the supervision or employment of the agency. The company takes direct payment from clients and then pays the caregiver.
In a self-managed model, self-employed caregivers work as independent contractors that are employed directly by the client. The agency simply works as a recruiter that helps expedite the process and manages all administration self-employed caregivers. They do this by building a database of caregivers, performing background checks and providing an easy platform for clients to choose from hundreds of available caregivers. The result is a win-win situation for all parties involved.
PRINCIPLES OF THE SELF-MANAGED MODEL:
The self-managed caregiver model works on the following ten principles.
- Carer duties are not subject to agency supervision, direction or control. There is a direct relationship between the client and caregiver, set in contract, for services at the time of signing.
- The carer will work on self-employment basis with the client. Veritas Care will provide services for registration and administration.
- The carer is free to work with their choice of client and with more than one client, if their contract allows for it.
- We will train the carer to the highest standard in the Academy of Care, run by our sister company. All of our carersare fully competent to carry out their tasks.
- If a client is not happy with the carerprovided by us, we will provide a replacement, free of charge.
- All carers work on rotational basis. If you require long-term care, only two carers will be involved in your care, providing continuity and consistency in care.
- Your contract with your carerwill be continuous with a 2-week term of notice by either party, unless there is an end date in the contract.
- All carers have DBS certificates and certificates of no-criminal convictions from local courts.
- A qualified and experienced team at Veritas Care will assess your requirements to recommend the best carer that matches your needs.
- Our coordinators will provide full support during your engagement with your carer.
It is important to us that you receive the best service at the most affordable price.
Our goal is to make our Carers and Clients happy.
Companies like Veritas Care are defined by Care Quality Commission (CQC) as an introductory agency pursuant to the Health & Social Care Act 2008